2017 was a big year for us in so many ways:
- We produced our first-ever opera, Pirates of Penzance.
- we premiered our second feature film - The Spy Who Knew Me - in a special event at The Landmark Century Center Cinema
- We wrote an original show - Gems Unseen - for performance in December
- We welcomed 3 new actors - Emma, Maria, and Peter
- We welcomed several new facilitators - Polly, Michael, Jenna, Marcus, and Adele
- We broke our goal for our Giving Tuesday #giveABLE campaign!
Here's a look at our favorite moments from the year, and a special "thank you" to the many people who made it possible.
We have a lot to look forward to in the year ahead as well, including:
- A performance of Cyrano de Bergerac in The Yard at Chicago Shakespeare Theater on May 17th
- Entering The Spy Who Knew Me on the local and national film circuit
- Launching our new branch of programming for adults with developmental differences, starting with a pilot workshop series in the summer
- Several fun events hosted by our Development Committee, starting with quizABLE Trivia Night on January 20th!
- Building relationships with even more talented facilitators, teaching artists, and guest artists
- Developing an internship program
We cannot do it without your help. Please consider supporting our ensemble with a year-end, tax-deductible donation. As a young organization, your generosity matters greatly. Absolutely any amount can help us towards our mission of creating performing arts opportunities through which individuals with Down syndrome and other developmental differences feel accepted and empowered to discover their own unique voices, and develop the confidence and skills to share who they are and what they are truly ABLE to do!
Thank you for cheering us on and thank you for believing, like we believe, that everyone is ABLE to connect, ABLE to contribute, and ABLE to create!
Best Wishes for 2018!